Wednesday, October 8, 2014

2 Days of High Water and a Poor Bite Leaves Jack a Dull Boy


The water both yesterday and today was over the front lip of the West Neck ramp. Combine that with stained to muddy water everywhere I went and a nearly nonexistent bite, and the headline I used here should make perfect sense.

The only good news is that I didn't get skunked either day. The bad news is that I only boated five bass (three yesterday and two today), and not a single one weighed even a pound.

The water temp both days at start time was about 66 degrees and never got above 72.

If I had to name the high point of both days, it wouldn't have a thing to do with my fishing. Rather, it was watching the lunar eclipse that occurred this morning. It started before I left the house this morning and finished shortly after I arrived at the marina. I sat in my van and watched the completion this morning before I got out and readied the boat to launch.

With any luck, I'll get in a couple more days on the water before our Classic on Oct. 18th and 19th. I can only hope those trips provide a better return on my investment than the past two days.

"Jack" isn't quite as dull after reading the results of Bob's Wednesday night tournament. Fishing was tough down there, too. A total of two fish were weighed: a 2.47 and a 1.20, and they were caught by two different anglers. If you're reading this update, Charlie, it looks like you're da man. You caught more than all of us put together.

1 comment:

  1. If you spend 20 hours a week on the water eventually you get lucky.

    ReplyDelete