Thursday, August 21, 2014

Update on "JennyB's" Restoration

When I interviewed these newlyweds, Jenny and Will Bauer, and posted their story (titled "JennyB" Is the Name, And Fishing Is the Game) on July 11, they told me they weren't done modernizing the "JennyB."

If you read that original post, you know this old Blue Fin V-bottom boat originally belonged to Will's granddad and had been in the possession of his dad, Jim Bauer, since the passing of his granddad many years ago.

I knew Will had installed a new carburetor kit in his boat's Evinrude outboard shortly after my interview. I also knew that "fix" had made a dramatic difference in how the outboard ran. It was akin to the difference between night and day, as Jim explained things to me.

Now the "JennyB" is sporting a new Bimini top, as revealed in this latest photo I just received from Jim. This new top already was on the agenda of "yet to do" items when I interviewed Will and Jenny. It, like the outboard, works flawlessly.

I also understand that, like Will told me was in their plans, they are branching out to more fishing holes than just West Neck. And they're catching fish, no matter where they go.

If these latest developments are any indication, I have to believe that, before all is said and done, Will and Jenny likely will have accomplished all their plans for the "JennyB"... and probably much more. There's no denying they're both a "can do" and "Will do" (pun intended) couple.

They have my congratulations on setting goals and sticking to 'em. Wishing you continued success in all your future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment