Friday, August 29, 2014

A Friend Has a Decent Half-Day


Earlier today, I received an email from my friend, Skip Schaible, who had eased down to West Neck, intent on trying to find a few fish to give him the joy of feeling a tug on the line.

He was justly rewarded for his efforts with two dinks, plus the one in this picture, which weighed in at just under 3 lbs. Unfortunately, he didn't share any information about the bait he was using or the location where he found his fish.

If I had to venture a guess, though, I feel pretty certain I would say he probably scored with a Lake Fork soft plastic. He's been throwing that bait for a good spell now, and I can't blame him. My philosophy is that you're a fool if you don't go with what has been working for you. Anytime I find something that's putting fish in the boat on a regular basis, I wear it out--unless it wears me out first.

I was out to West Neck myself earlier today but only to check on my boat and take care of a couple things. As I was leaving, I saw a couple more of my friends, in the person of Lenny Hall and Gary Coderre, launching. I regret, however, that I didn't get a report from either one of them.

The West Neck parking lot today already was pretty full, and I have every reason to believe that, with Labor Day here upon us once again, it'll just get worse as the weekend wears on. Anyone who happens down that way and catches a few fish are welcome to email me with a report about your success.

Tight Lines! to one and all.

When Skip read what I had posted, I received a short note back from him with this additional info:

"Stayed in West Neck. Caught one on fluke, one on homemade green/blue Senko, and one on a homemade purple Senko. My Lake Fork could not dredge up any takers, but it has been good to me this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment