Sunday, April 20, 2014

His Biggest Bass to Date

That's how local angler Chris Napier described this Virginia freshwater-citation bass that he caught yesterday during a club tournament on the Chickahominy River. Weighing 9.27 lbs., this lunker beauty anchored a five-fish limit totaling 18.5 lbs.

Said Chris, "I was working a popper on a shallow flat with pads on it that dropped off to around 4 feet of water. I had started reeling slowly when I noticed a 'submarine' coming behind it. I stopped the popper," he continued, "and twitched it twice ever so lightly when she sucked it in. I knew she was big, but I never suspected she was that big."

This trophy fish may mark his biggest to date, but Chris is a proven top-notch angler in several circles--not just the Great Bridge Bassmasters he fished with yesterday. He also is a consistent winner in the Dewey Mullins Memorial Bass Tourneys, and just recently claimed the last spot on the BASS Nation state team while fishing as a member of the Performance Fishing Team. He finished the six-man tournament at Occaneechee State Park on Kerr Reservoir April 12-13, 2014, in 8th place with a 10-fish limit weighing 22.89 lbs.

Please accept my heartiest congratulations, Chris, on a job well done. That's one fine fish and track record. Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment