Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bought Any Banjo Minnows Yet?

I ask that question because of what I read this morning on the website for Bob's Fishing Hole (www.bobsfishinghole.com). Specifically, I was looking at their Guestbook entries, one of which mentioned that Andrew George weighed an 8.65-lb. largemouth bass at Bob's on Tuesday, April 8. When I went to their Braggin' Rights page, I found a picture of him holding the fish for the camera--a nice fish, indeed. That much of the story is "fact."

Another Guestbook entry I read, however, indicated that Andrew may have caught his Northwest River hawg on a Banjo Minnow. In the same entry, it was suggested that Mike Evans had caught his five-fish, 17.51-lb. winning limit in Bob's tourney this past Saturday, April 12, also on the Banjo Minnow. At this point, the lines of "fact" and "fiction" cross. James at the Hole assures me the big fish in question was caught in the Northwest River, and Mike Evans indeed had a winning limit Saturday as specified. The Banjo Minnow suggestion, though, was merely a ploy by Dennis at the Hole to be funny, cute or whatever. 

I would caution that mixing fact and fiction is better left to seasoned writers, who are more inclined to have an appreciation for the potential "power of the pen."

No comments:

Post a Comment