Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A New Hazard to Navigation

Last night's storm created the obstacle you see in this photo.  I can't say whether Steve will have it removed by the weekend or not, so felt it only fair to make everyone aware that it exists. It's undoubtedly obvious to everyone familiar with West Neck that the fallen tree is on the point directly aft of the ramp.

That's the only change I saw earlier today when I was at the marina putting a new trim/tilt switch on my boat and taking a picture of the water-level gauge.

Incidentally, when I took my picture at 1:30, the gauge read 2.76 feet. I just now (at 4:15) called Taylor in the store, though, and he told me that the water level has come up to 3 feet. That report gives me hope for the tourney Saturday, but, of course, we still have to get through tomorrow and Friday. I'll be monitoring closely--that's a promise.

As of 1:45 p.m. Friday, April 18, the water level at West Neck stood at 1.82 feet and still was dropping, which gave me reason to cancel the scheduled Dewey Mullins Memorial Bass Tourney tomorrow. In my opinion, it's just not safe to launch boats in those conditions, and I don't want to be responsible for someone getting hurt or damaging their equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment