Wednesday, June 5, 2013

So Glad the First Two Casts Didn't Dictate My Whole Day


I had a backlash on my first cast, and the second one went straight into a tree, so I wasn't betting how the day would turn out. Fortunately, it was pretty decent.

This 2-8 was my first fish of the day. My other keepers included two that weighed 1-2, plus a 1-6, 1-11, and 1-15. I also boated five dinks. Besides the 11 bass, I caught seven white perch, one pickerel, and one striper, so I was anything but disappointed.

Eight of the bass came from West Neck. The other three came from Pocaty. I caught everything this morning on the Yo-Zuri SS Minnow in gold with black back. A Bomber Square A in firetiger accounted for everything this afternoon. I also had several fish slap at a Rage Shad bait first thing this morning, but only one of them felt a hook, and he stayed buttoned all of maybe five seconds.

For a change, the wind today was light and pleasant. I didn't have to work the trolling motor hard at all; I can't remember the last time I could make that statement.

This likely will be my lone trip this week before our next tourney on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment