Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Slow Bite But Still a Good Day


It's always a pleasure for me to publish a fishing report from someone other than myself, and I have such an opportunity today. This report comes from one of my regular blog readers, Jerry, who, along with his son, made a trip to the Northwest River today.

In five hours of fishing, these two anglers boated a total of seven bass, with this 4-lb. 10-oz. swamp dog held by Jerry being not only his best of the day, but his best so far this season. He also caught three more besides this one.

Given what you clearly see in the mouth of this beauty, Jerry didn't try to fool me with talk about the lucky bait being something bizarre like a purple-with-pink-polka-dots spinnerbait or crankbrait. Don't laugh too loudly, 'cause you wouldn't believe how many fishermen have tried such things with me over the years--and with a straight face, too.

Meanwhile, however, getting back to the facts of this matter, Jerry's son also did well today, contributing three fish to their final tally. His best of the day was a bass that tipped the scales at a healthy 2 lbs. 15 ozs.

As I told Jerry in our email swap, he and his son had the kind of day (even if it was a slow bite) that my partner and I would have welcomed with open arms in our tourney last Saturday. You have my congrats on what I consider a very nice day. Tight Lines! on all your future trips, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment