Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Future of West Neck Marina

The family of the late-Dewey Mullins has decided they cannot continue management of the marina. For a few more days or perhaps a few more weeks, though, patrons may occasionally find some of them available to help you on a limited basis.

The owners have indicated to me that they have no plans to sell the marina. Instead, they are hoping to find a new manager. In the meantime, if you're like me and store your boat at the marina, you're encouraged to keep paying your monthly rentals by mailing them to the facility. The address is as follows: West Neck Marina, 3985 West Neck Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23456.

On a final note, I have every hope of continuing what will be known as the "Dewey Mullins Memorial (vice Tribute) Bass Tourney Series" in 2013. Additional information on this matter will be forthcoming as we get closer to the February/March timeframe.

I hope this information helps answer some of the questions I've heard from different ones since Dewey's passing.

Epilog: As of 9 a.m. Monday, Nov. 19, 2012, the marina owners told me that people can use the ramp at West Neck Marina, even when no one is around to accept their money. Always check first at the store, though, because the owners also told me they are taking steps to get this situation covered.

2 comments:

  1. What about the ramp, will it be still be open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've added an epilog to this piece that answers your question.

      Delete